In this episode, we take a look at women’s skis and women’s skiing, plus Graham Bell tells us about his new ski training app. We look at the latest travel news and have snow reports from around the Alps.
Iain was joined by ‘Ski Goddess’ Katie Dobson, Graham Bell and Sam Lynch, co-founders of the Perfect Turns app, as well as regular contributors Katie Crowe from Battleface Travel Insurance
and equipment expert Al Morgan from SkiKitInfo
· Usefully the NHS pass is now accepted throughout the EU
· To be considered 'fully vaccinated' you will soon need a booster
· Austria has gone into lockdown until at least 12 December
· Val Thorens opened last weekend
· Keith Webb reported from Kaprun. Find out more about apartments there on Instagram
· Graham talked about his appearance on Dancing on Ice
this time last year
· Graham and Sam’s new app is called ‘Perfect Turns
Katie Dobson from Ski Goddess made an impression at the National Snow Show in Birmingham
· Ski Goddess is based in Chatel in the Portes du Soleil
· You can listen to Simon Burgess’ report from Landgraaft in Episode 82
· Dave Ryding won in his season’s racing debut this weekend in Sweden
· Greg Rutherford is racing in Bobsleigh for Team GB this winter
· If you’d like to win a copy of Billy Morgan’s auto/biography, please tag us on social saying you'd like to win the book, or drop me an email
richb67 (Snowheads): "Started listening to these and enjoying them"
mikepow (Snowheads): "Another great listen"
sofatoslopes: "Want to get excited for the winter ahead: listen to The Ski Podcast. Gets me through some long bike rides"
Paul Findlay:"Thanks for the kids ski holiday travel advice and of course the continuing podcasts!”
Jonny Goldsborough: “Really enjoyed hearing Henry on the podcast. Getting excited for the season! (fingers crossed)”
Nigel Winters: "Do love the show, only started listening just prior to lockdown, has been great to keep up with what is going on in the ski world, out in resorts, the travel restrictions, the interviews, and what’s new in equipment etc"
Don't forget you can always buy me a coffee at buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast
. All cuppas are much appreciated. I also enjoy all feedback about the show, so please do email if you can give us a review on Apple Podcasts.
We also have a few stickers left, so if you'd like some for your skis, board, helmet or phone, pls drop us an email or contact us via social with your address.
Thanks to Switzerland Tourism for their continued support for The Ski Podcast. Find out more at https://www.myswitzerland.com/