The basics of safeguarding
Join us in this podcast to get down to the basics of what safeguarding actually means within the sport world and what steps sports clubs and organisations need to take to ensure they're effectively safeguarding children and young people in the sport sector.
- why safeguarding in sport is so important
- the different types of abuse in sport and how to spot them
- how to create and implement a safeguarding policy
- putting safeguarding measures in place
- finding out what safeguarding training is right for you and your club
- the risks of not doing anything
- how to raise and deal with a safeguarding concern
Whether you've just started on your safeguarding journey, or are listening to this podcast as a refresher, we'll have you getting grips with the basics of safeguarding in sport in no time.
Mel Addams, Lian Gaten and Laura Young – CPSU Information Officers
Jude Toasland – CPSU Senior Consultant
- How can sport safeguard children? - a CPSU animation
- Types of abuse in a sports setting - a deep-dive into the different types of abuse that can occur within sport and how to spot them
- Putting safeguards in place - our how-to when it comes to putting sport safeguarding in place
- How to create a sport safeguarding policy - we take you through exactly how to create your own sport safeguarding policy for your club or organisation
- Dealing with a sport safeguarding concern - our webpage sets out exactly what you should do if you see something that worries you
- Choosing the right sport safeguarding training - take a look at the CPSU training grid to see what sort of safeguarding training you will need in your role
Visit the CPSU website for more safeguarding help and advice.