58: Norway, Swiss memories & the end of Après Ski?
- Mike Richards has previously featured on the pod, talking about his experiences in Georgia (Episode 37), Montenegro (Episode 39) and Japan (Episode 41)
- Mike was skiing in Scotland in March at Glencoe and the Nevis Range
- Do you have memories of skiing in Switzerland back in the day? Switzerland Tourism want to hear about them…
- You can find out more about the Telegraph’s ‘Test4Travel’ campaign here – we strongly encourage you to follow and share as much as you can
- Mayrhofen have announced that ski boots will be banned after 8pm and apres-ski will be scaled down
- Ischgl are also scaling down their apres-ski for this winter (understandably)
- Amazon have applied for a patent for a Drone Ski Tow
- The ‘World’s Largest Ski Show’ – a new virtual ski show – has shifted its dates from October to November
- There is a new ski show scheduled for October 2021 for the NEC in Birmingham
- LISTEX will be taking place at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead in October
- Mike Smith asked why we’ve had no coverage of skiing in Norway?
Mike visited Narvik and Stranda in Norway
- Thanks to Mike Smith for his review: “I am very much enjoying the podcast. Keep at it!” Also to Loobzy and Bramski
- Watch out for our Train Travel special in conjunction with Ski Flight Free coming up soon
- In Episode 59 we’ll be discussing new technology including predictions from the 1980s