69: Tignes, Murren 007, Joining the Ski Patrol & The National Snow Show
- Stephie Dijkman is Sales & Marketing Director at Tignes
- Buses in Tignes are operating fine, not like in Meribel (listen to Episode 68 for more on this)
- Walking and snow shoeing have both been very popular with the lifts closed
- Would you try ice diving in Tignes?!
- Tignes have seen occupancy around 25%, compared to 95% usually for vacances scholaires - 55% of their clientele to come from outside France
- Tignes have announced summer skiing on the glacier from 19 June to 01 August
- Zermatt charges considerably more for race training
- Research from the Mountain Trade Network suggests that more people are looking for longer two week holidays
- Workations are becoming more popular, both Courchevel and La Clusaz have had special ‘teletravail’ offers
- Joe Ponte is CEO at Hotelplan includes Inghams, Flexiski, Esprit and Ski Total
- SBIT are campaigning to try and help employers of seasonal staff
- You can listen to the full version of this interview in our Special Episode released last week
- Friend of the show Katy Dartford was in Les Menuires
- Catherine Cosby from Mountains 4 All reported in from Gstaad in Switzerland
- Jim was reporting from Bulgaria
- Charlie Rees has been in Murren
- The Bond film ‘On Her Majesty’s Secret Service’ was filmed here
- Tom Greenall has trained to become a pisteur in France. This will be released as a special podcast next week
- The National Snow Show will take place at the Birmingham NEC from 23-24 October 2021
- Ski Sunday prompted a lot of discussion after a feature on diversity in their last episode
- We interviewed the founders of Mount Noire in Episode 61
- Listen to our ski podcast special about Benjamin Alexander
Jonny Goldsborough: "Long term listener, tks for keeping the ski vibe going in challenging times!"
Nicky: "You are keeping me going whilst working from home"
Pete: "Been a listener since the beginning. Great podcast entertaining and informative. Keep up the good work."
I'd like to thank all of these guys, who also bought me a cuppa. If you enjoy The Ski Podcast, you can buy me a coffee at www.buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast
Question: Jonny G asked about our 'least favourite resorts'
Interview with Martin Bell and we'll have more from Charlie in Murren about the Inferno